Friday, December 15, 2006

hey assholes, people want unprotected music

from daily placebo. yeah because I'm lazy and i don't think i could write it any better.

Good for you Emusic. They've sold 100,000,000 DRM free songs online. I'd call that sticking it to all those music executives that say you can't make money without DRM...
Emusic is now the second most popular online music source behind the iTunes music store, and they've done it with independent labels. ..
That's right, they're selling less "popular" music and doing it better because their users don't feel shackled and criminalized. I know because I'm one of them. Hell, I feel like upgrading my account just to stick it to the music industry a little more.


1 comment:

maxr said...

I had emusic, but it's so fucking inconvenient. You could get gift cards, but you had to SET UP A NEW ACCOUNT with a completely new email address every time you used a new card, and you couldn't browse the damn store without an account. Good luck to them, but I hope they make it easier.